We all know that the first impression is the most important impression. When you absolutely need to look your best you need to pay attention to the little things. Whether or not you are going for a job interview or over to meet your partners co-workers, you need to leave a lasting impression. Here is a list of some fashion tips that could leave you looking messy instead of awesome.
- Leaving bits of lint or animal hair on your clothing. People notice every single detail especially if it doesn’t belong. Get a lint roller people.
- Don’t be afraid to break out the iron. Yeah, we all dislike ironing, but you don’t want to look like you just rolled around on the ground all day either.
- Too many accessories. We all love to add a little bling to our outfits, but too much can be accessory overload. Too many can have people looking at your accessories rather than listening to you. Less really is more.
- Wearing hair-ties as bracelets. We aren’t in high school anymore. There is no need to wear a hair-tie as a bracelet unless you are heading out to the lake or pool.
- Wearing clothes that don’t fit correctly. Have a blouse that the buttons are just about to pop? Well, don’t wear that shirt! You sure don’t want to have a button pop and expose your lady bits! 😉
- Visible bra straps. Bra straps are never-ever appropriate in a professional setting. Once again, if your heading to the lake or an outside party it could pass as ok to wear.
- Not taking care of your nails. Now, you don’t need to spend a lot of money at the nail salon. However, you do need to maintenance them yourself. Trim, file and push your cuticles down. Also if your nails are half chipped, take the time to just remove the polish. Bare nails are better than having chipped polish.
- Wearing clothing that isn’t white anymore. If your bright whites are now dingy and faded, toss them. You can try bleaching them, but it may just be time for them to go away.
- Not cleaning your shoes. Just take a quick peek down at your shoes. Do they have a little mud on them, or a little dust? Take the quick minute to wipe them clean.
- Pants that are too long. Take the time to get your pants altered or go out and invest in a great pair of black pants.
One last SWMO moms tip: a great smile, handshake and eye contact goes a long way. It also never goes out of style.