Doesn’t it feel so awesome to help someone out? Don’t you feel great when someone does something for you unexpectedly?
I love trying to help pay it forward, or just doing some small act of kindness. Since it’s the season of giving, we thought it would be fun to put together some simple ideas that you could do to make someone else’s day just a little bit brighter!
- Give up your spot in line, whether it be at the grocery store or at the mall. It could easily make somebody’s day!
- Bring in coffee for your co-workers
- Pay for someone’s order while in line at the drive-through
- “Elf” an unexpected friend or neighbor. Click here to learn how to Elf somebody!
- Send someone a card just to let them know you are thinking about them. A handwritten note goes a long way.
- Help a neighbor clean up their yard
- Surprise a neighbor or friends with baked cookies or treats
- Volunteer at a local kitchen to help feed the homeless
- Help an elderly person with their groceries out to their car
- Donate food to a local food bank
- Donate pet food and supplies to your local animal shelter
- Know of someone that needs a date night? Offer to babysit their kids for free.
- Find opportunities to give someone a compliment!
- Hold the door open for someone walking in after you.
- Instead of being on your phone at the doctor’s office or on the street, look up and offer a kind, warm smile, or strike up a conversation.
Ephesians 4:32: Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.