- clean the windows
- scrub the baseboards
- clean out closets
- weed the flower bed
- do a spring check-up on your car…
Whoa. Wait! Spring check-up on your car? What does that mean?
If you’re like us, you probably haven’t thought about taking the time to do a spring check-up on your car. Who has time for that, right? Actually, we don’t have the time NOT to do a spring check-up on your vehicle. Taking the time to check a few simple things will actually save you time and money in the long-run!
Our sponsors at Les Jacobs Ford want to save you time and money and offer a few simple spring cleaning tips that should help you do just that! We found the information pretty helpful and we hope you will too!
- Clean your vehicle upside down and inside out. Upside down? Yes! That’s right! The winter months can be hard on your car and often times you can’t see all the places the “yuck” is hiding. The salt used to keep streets safe along with other road grim can do a number on the outside and inside of our car. Take a spin through the car wash and make sure you select the option to clean the undercarriage as well.
- Wax on. Wax off. While you are cleaning, the spring is a good time to wax your vehicle as well. While you will get the best results if you have it done professionally, there are some great at-home waxing options as well.
- Time for a check-up. When you get your car serviced this spring, here are a few additional things that you should check. You will want to request that your technician check these items and give you the full report. If you don’t ask, these items may not be checked.
- Strength of your anti-freeze
- Freon levels (It would also be a good time to ask the technician to check you air conditioner. You don’t want to wait until our first 80 degree day to discover your AC is out!)
- The salt used on the roads in the winter is also hard on your brakes, so it is a good idea to have those breaks checked as well.
- The extreme temperate changes are hard on your batteries. As you all know, we have had some extreme temperature changes in SWMO this season. You will want to take the time to have the battery condition and strength checked as well.