“Santa’s coming!” The Elf may just be one of the all-time best Christmas movies! We love this time of year–time with family, Holiday parties and fun Christmas traditions. For many of us, a trip to see Santa and driving around the area to see Christmas lights are two “must-do” Christmas activities.
While those activities are fun, it can be frustrating driving all around Southwest Missouri to track down Mr.Clause and twinkling lights. We have put our favorites in one easy to read list, just for you, momma!
Where to find Santa:
- Santa’s Wonderland Bass Pro Shops, Springfield or at The Branson Landing
- An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City. You will get to see a Christmas parade, watch Christmas shows, visit with Santa, shop and of course eat amazing food!
- Battlefield Mall in Springfield. Click here to visit their facebook page to see Santa’s schedule.
- Northpark Mall, in Joplin. Click here to view schedule.
- Join Santa and the Springfield Ballet for a morning of holiday fun during Breakfast with Santa & The Nutcracker!
- Cassville Christmas parade, December 3rd at 6:00pm
- Nixa Christmas parade, December 4th at 2:00pm
- Springfield Christmas parade, December 3rd at 1:00pm
- Ride along on the Polar Express. Dress up in your Christmas jammies, drink hot chocolate and enjoy the Branson scenery. To get your tickets click here.
Just for fun! Download the Santa tracker app where you can track Santa’s progress around the world! There are plenty of free options and you just may be able to get those kiddos into bed early on Christmas Eve if they know Santa is on his way!
If Christmas lights are more your thing, we think these places are great:
- Shepard of the Hills Trail of Lights in Branson
- Ozark Mountain Christmas lights and village, not only will you get to see amazing lights, there is a live nativity scene and photo ops with the Clydsdale
- Check out the all new, all LED Branson’s gift of lights.
- Check out the Bagwell house on Luster and Battlefield, they have over 100,000 lights synced to music! You won’t want to miss it!
- Christmas Lights of the Ozarks, Finley River Park, Ozark MO
- Festival of lights in Monett
Don’t forget to tag us in your Christmas photos using the #swmomommas. We will be showing off Christmas photos from around SWMO in the next few weeks!