By Kelli Artherton
I love summer and the popular “barely there” make-up look. Less is more! However, if you are like me, you still need to hide a few dark circles or unflattering spots. It doesn’t matter if I get enough sleep at night, I still have those pesky dark circles under my eyes.
I have tried several brands of concealer and hands down my favorite is Bare Minerals. Besides mascara (click here to see my top mascara picks), this is my go-to product. It hides my dark circles so well no one ever knows how much sleep I did or didn’t get! Plus, it is also 20 SPF. Bonus!
My under-eye beauty routine:
- Cleanse your skin with your favorite cleanser.
- Use a really good moisturizer. I recommend having an all over facial moisturizer and an under eye cream. Make sure your under eyes are well hydrated with moisturizer before you apply the concealer. Otherwise, you end up hiding your dark circles and create unwanted wrinkles that you didn’t have before.
- Apply the concealer with either a soft brush or the tip of your ring finger. Apply very gently. The skin under the eye is extremely delicate.
- Apply a powder to your face. However, don’t apply powder everywhere. You don’t need powder under your eyes. Powder will only settle into your creases, once again creating more unwanted lines! I only apply powder to my nose, cheeks, chin and eye lids. (Powder on your eye lids helps your eye shadow stay on all day.)
- Apply the rest of your make-up! I recommend using a bronzer next for a sun-kissed look!
Now go out and seize the day with your dark circles concealed away!
Have a beauty question or tip? Please share! We would love to hear from you! Click here to email Kelli.