by Becca Couch
Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
I’m sure you have your favorite Thanksgiving dish on your mind. Here are just a few tips to help you set up a delicious thanksgiving meal!
- Turkey bags work wonders! I double up to make sure I don’t lose any turkey juice. You’ll want to use all that for the gravy!
- Make homemade rolls! They’re simple the best!
- Don’t skip the beans! If you’re not a fan of green bean casserole (like myself) fry up bacon and onions throw in a couple cans of green beans (drained) and sear green beans. Top with butter and salt. Delicious ! How can you go wrong with butter and bacon?
- Team work! Now if you’re like my family, we like a lot of food. Everyone has their favorite appetizers, main dishes, and of course tons of dessert. There must be enough leftovers to enjoy after a long night of Black Friday shopping. Don’t put this all on your mother or your aunt. Help out! Cook a day or two before and make sure everyone chips in on bringing a couple dishes.
- Everyone can help, even those sisters that don’t cook! Last but not least, we all have that family member that just can’t or shouldn’t be cooking, for example, my sister Rachael. Here is the list we always save for her: plates, cups and napkins as well as a vegetable, meat and cheese tray and drinks.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving shared with lots of love, laughter, and full bellies!
Becca and her husband Kenan live in Aurora with three adorable kids. She spends her days learning more than she ever imagined while homeschooling her kids. She loves to cook and try new recipes out! Kenan is the lucky guy that gets to test them out for her. They attend James River-West Campus Church and love spending time with friends and family.