This time of year, all of the time, I am on the look-out for quick, easy, delicious meals I can serve my family. I am not a great cook, but I try. One of my favorite things to do is throw something in the crock-pot in the morning before rushing out the door to work. It is the best feeling to get home after a long day and know dinner is basically done.
One of our favorite crock-pot dishes is shredded buffalo chicken. You literally throw three ingredients in the crock-pot and done:
- frozen chicken breast (4-5 large breast)
- Frank’s buffalo sauce
- one packet of ranch dressing mix
Set on low and enjoy 6-8 hours later! I typically serve on warm tortillas, on a baked potato or just eat plain. My husband pops a couple of pieces of bread in the toaster and eats it on a sandwich. I can’t lie though, my kids (2 & 5) won’t eat. They do, however, like buffalo chicken pizza.
This week, I attempted to whip-up a buffalo-chicken pizza and, well… It was a success! Both kids ate 1.5 pieces!
So, here is what I did:
- made the buffalo chicken (just like above)
- took half of the chicken, drained, and mixed with ranch dressing
- spread mixture over a pre-made wheat pizza crust (doesn’t have to be wheat, just whatever your family likes best)
- asked the kids to sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- Baked at 425 for around 10 minutes
Like I said, I am all about easy! This was a win at my house… Maybe your family will enjoy it too! Happy cooking, mommas!