Hey there mommas! Did y’all make any New Year’s resolutions this year!? Are you still sticking with it, or have you already fell short of your goals?
I typically try to make New Year’s resolutions and set new goals for the new year. I would say I make the typical ones we all make, work out more, eat better, save more money ect. However, this year, I decided to just be my best self possible. This New Years Eve was also a little different than most. We typically have our friends over to our home to hang out, play games with our kiddos and eat a bunch of food. This year we spent it with just US, the fab five, Me, Jake, and our three wild and sweet girls. We seriously had the BEST time. It was simple, sweet and totally amazing! We danced, giggled, cuddled, watched movies and danced some more all in our pjs. It was the time we needed as a family to get lost in ourselves, invest in ourselves and be a family.
We, as all families do, get so busy during the holidays with traveling, cooking, shopping, and stressing over the small stuff, we forget to spend down time with our family. This New Years Eve for me, was magical. It made me truly get lost in my family and realize that THIS is what’s important. Life is about all the small moments. Those little moments in between the hustle and bustle of everyday life is what truly matters.
Then and there in that moment I decided this is all I need. I just need to sit back, enjoy the life I’ve been blessed with, and be my best self possible.
Below are some tips that will help you to enjoy life a little more and simply be your best self.
- When life hands you lemons – make lemonade. Ha! Yeah, ok… but seriously make the most out of every moment. Take a negative and make it a positive. For Exapmle, if you got a speeding ticket on your way to work, it could be because you are being saved from a wreck up above, or it could be to remind you that your life is important and you need to slow down.
- Pray, then pray again. When you feel yourself starting to anger, or feel defeated, or sad, or not enough, pray and continue to pray.
- Pray for others. When you do things for others it actually makes you feel so much better. So when you say you will pray for someone, actually do it.
- Say no. If you simply don’t want to do something or don’t have the time. Say no. Set boundaries for yourself so you don’t overtire yourself for the ones that are most important.
- Spend time with your kids. Real time, not doing things or doing activities. Ask them questions about their favorite things, their dreams, what super-power they would like to have, ask them anything and everything. They want to talk to you, you just need to start the conversation.
- Hug. You can’t hug your people enough. Even when they don’t want a hug, hug them anyway. A hug says more than any words could ever say.
- Smile and make eye contact with a stranger. Ok, this might be weird at first, but that person may be having a bad day and you may have just given them a littler glimmer of sunshine in their day.
- Send notes of encouragement. I love receiving secret notes. My husband is exceptionally great at this. I always find little notes in my purse, makeup bag, under my sheets, in my car ect. This makes my day and I smile for hours. Do this to someone and see how good it makes you feel.
- Turn the music up. Music speaks to my soul. I love it, I love to sing and dance all day long and listen to my music loud. If I’m having a bad day I can turn my playlist on and it brightens my day.
- Worry about loving yourself instead of loving the idea of other people loving you. This all day! We need to stop worrying about what others think of us. Stop worrying about pleasing everyone around us. Stop overthinking everything. You are enough. You are awesome just the way you are. God created you to be the only you there is, so embrace it!
I hope we all find the time to be our best self yet!!! Happy New Year Mommas. I pray this one is your best year yet!