By Shannon Magsam
My husband and I have a long history of asking each other probing questions on road trips.
It’s a good way to reconnect, to get back a little of the old romance, to remind us of a time when we couldn’t wait to hear MORE about each other.
So when we headed to Choctaw Casino in Pocola, Oklahoma, over the weekend for a little anniversary getaway, I started the 20 questions game.
I think asking questions — even surface ones, like what’s your favorite color or restaurant — keeps things fresh and helps improve your relationship. And there’s always something new to learn about each other. Really!
Since our 14th anniversary was yesterday, here are 14 questions I asked my husband that you might want to ask yours — tonight, on the next date night or while zooming down the road on an upcoming road trip. Just make sure you answer, too. It’s called a conversation!
14 questions to ask your spouse:
1. If we could return to one of the places we’ve already visited and relive the trip, where would we go? Why? (See how I slipped an extra questions in there?)
2. What’s a trip you would love for us to take together this year?
3. If you received a windfall of money, what would you do with it?
4. What’s making you super happy lately?
5. What could I do to make you feel more loved?
6. What’s one thing you would tell your teenage self?
7. If all jobs paid the same, what would you do?
8. If you were about to be executed, what would your last meal be?
9. What’s a hobby you wish we could do together?
10. Name three things you love about me.
11. What one word or phrase would you want on your tombstone?
12. How would you describe your perfect day?
13. What’s your favorite thing that I wear?
14. What’s a goal I can help you achieve?
Bonus question! Which song best describes our marriage?
Hope you enjoy these questions and that you have a good time talking to your husband tonight, or sometime soon.