Hooray for Summer! The kiddos are all out of school, now what to do? Are you running out of ideas to keep the kiddos entertained this summer? Well, we got ya covered. SWMO is filled with great things to do. Sometimes we might need to get a little creative, but here are a few of our favorite summer activities that are sure to please the entire family!
1. First on our list is one of the obvious choices. Silver Dollar City. One of the great things about being a local is we can visit SDC on a less busy day like Monday-Wednesday. SDC has their Star Spangled Summer event that started June 3rd. This event includes lots of fun attractions such as character meet and greets and amazing magic shows. To check the dates and times of this fun-filled event click here.
2. Swimming is a MUST for summer! SWMO is home to some great lakes, creeks and rivers. Try and check out a new swimming hole each week. A few of our favorites include, Table Rock Lake and Moonshine Beach!
3. Is swimming in a pool more your style? Try checking out a different pool every week. There are some great pools just around the corner from each of you. The Cassville Aquatic Center, Republic Aquatic Center, The Nixa Aquatics Centerand The Branson Aquaplex just to name a few.
4. Splash around in the fountains at Jordan Valley Park.
5. Take a stroll down by Taneycomo lake at The Branson Landing. While you’re there go visit Parakeet Pete’s and zip line over the water. Make sure and finish the day off by going into Kilwins for some great ice cream! They give free samples!
6. Summertime is packed full of blockbuster movies. Take in a double feature this Summer at the Sunset drive-in, just a few miles away in Aurora MO.
7. SWMO is also known to have some great camping sites. Take the family for a camping weekend. Can’t getaway? Set up a camp in your backyard. You won’t believe how much fun the kiddos will have in their own backyard camp out.
8. Attend a concert. There is always a great concert going on somewhere around us.
9. Bake your own wood-fire grilled pizza under the twinkle lite trees, with live music and fun activities for your kiddos at Millsap Farms. It’s right outside of Springfield. This is every Thursday for the entire summer.
10. Plan a trip to Big Cedar (even just for the day!) and enjoy the scenery, take a cave tour, go horseback riding and enjoy some yummy food!
11. Support your local farmer. Visit a local farmers market.
12. Can’t make it to Kansas City of St.Louis to take in a ball game? Go watch the Springfield Cardinals at Hammons Field. On Friday nights they end the game with Fireworks!
13. Lions, tigers and bears Oh My! It’s always a great time to visit The Dickerson Park Zoo!
14. Dine outdoors! Whether you are eating out at a restaurant or at home, sometimes it feels like a little getaway when you dine outdoors.
15. Go canoeing! SWMO has some great waterways. Take a day or a weekend to explore them! Click here to see the full list to explore.
16. Plan a picnic! Pack your picnic basket, visit a great park or drive down to the lake and just enjoy the outdoors.
17. Cool off at Fantastic Caverns where it’s always 65 degrees.
18. We can’t forget White Water. Is it too crowded for you? Try Night Water. It’s a huge hit and much less crowded.
19. Summer isn’t summer without a treat from Pineapple Whip! Never had Pineapple Whip? You have got to try it!
20. Having a great summer doesn’t have to involve a lot of money. Get outside, laugh, run through the sprinklers, keep the kids active and away from the TV as much as possible.
Be sure to take lots of photos and use the #swmomommas we love seeing your smiling faces!!