Do you struggle to find the perfect bra? Do you constantly tug on it throughout the day? Is it the first thing you take off when you get home and breathe a sigh of relief? *sigh*
Let me ask you this question: Would you wear a pair of shoes that didn’t fit? NO! Then why do you were a bra that doesn’t fit?
Well, we feel ya ladies. But! Have no fear we do have some tips on how to find the perfect fitting bra.
A lot of you probably don’t know this but I, Kelli, used to be a store manager for Victoria’s Secret. So you could say I know a thing or two about finding the perfect fitting bra.
Let’s dive into the mistakes most of us make when buying a bra:
- You’re choosing the wrong band size. The myth is that you are supposed to wear your bra on the tightest fitting hook. FALSE. You actually want to wear your bra on the middle hook. This allows for you to have slack if you ever gain weight, the bra shrinks or you lose weight.
- Choosing too small a cup size. Stop worrying about the size ladies. Who cares what letter of the alphabet you are wearing. Just worry about if it fits. Most women are wearing 3 cup sizes to small. You might actually need a larger cup size to avoid unattractive lumps.
- Tightening your straps up to high. Yes, we do need to tighten the straps up once in a while. However, if the back of the bra isn’t centered on your back, you’re wearing it wrong. You have the straps way to tight girl.
- Choosing the same style. Venture out. Try new styles. You may have once hated a push up bra, but you may just surprise yourself and fall in love with it. Also try different brands. Bras are always changing as the styles and seasons change.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Yes, it can be embarrassing. But, take it from me no one cares but you. Ask for a measurement not just once in your life, but often. You change bra sizes quite often throughout life. Who out there has had a baby? Hello! Umm those ladies aren’t the same as they once were. So don’t be afraid and ask for a measurement.
Are you ready to go out and try on new bras? I know I am! A new bra that fits perfect can be a game changer ladies! Let’s ban together and say NO to the ill-fitting bras. Let’s lift our ladies high and be proud of what our momma gave us!