1. Baking. This is a pretty obvious one, but baking will take a bit of time and if your kids are anything like mine they LOVE to help in the kitchen!
2. Crafts keep my girls entertained for hours. Here are a few of our favorite, easy craft ideas from Pinterest: (Click on the links to see the full craft)
Easy paper plate snowman. All you need is paper plates, construction paper and glue.
- Paper masks. Paper plates, markers/crayons, construction paper and glue is all you need to pull this craft off.
- Marshmallow Shooters. This will make a little mess, but oh what fun they will have. To clean up the mess give them a prize for whoever picks up the most marshmallows.
- DIY Lava Lamps. This will bring out the little scientist in your child.
3. Create a fun movie night/day! Pop the popcorn, have a candy bar with some fun popcorn toppings like caramel, marshmallows and M & M’s.
4. Put on a fashion show. This may be more for girls, however boys can have fun with this also. Let them go through some of your clothes, shoes and jewelry to pick out their outfit. Then have them walk the runway to some fun, upbeat music! They will feel like the bell, or prince of the ball.
5. Stage a scavenger hunt. Here are a few ideas we found on pinterest. (Click on the links to see the full game)
Fitness Treasure Hunt. This one will help wear the kids down, so you may want to do this one last.
- Frozen Scavenger Hunt. If you have Frozen fans in the house. They are sure to love this one.
- Smaller kids Scavenger Hunt. If you have smaller kiddos, this one would be very easy for them to follow along with.
- Flash light scavenger hunt. Give the kids a flashlight and a list of items to find and watch them go.
- Alphabet scavenger hunt. Create your own scavenger hunt with items you know you have in the house from A-Z.
6. Create an indoor picnic. Bring the warm weather in by putting a blanket in the middle of the living room and eating some of your favorite foods.
7. Try some new games. If your kids are tired of the same ol’ board games, try a few of these out to change it up. You most likely have all the items to pull these off:
Laundry Basket Skee Ball. You will need a laundry basket, balls and a cardboard box.
- Build a snowman inside. All you need is toilet paper and winter accessories.
- Indoor Ice skating. All you need is some wax paper, rubber bands, and carpet.
- Sack races. This ones easy, just use your pillow cases and hop to the finish line.
- Indoor Sumo Wrestling. Get dad or moms t-shirts and stuff them with pillows and let the fun begin.
- Toilet paper bowling. Just grab all of your toilet paper rolls, stack them up and roll a ball toward them.
However, if you are dreaming of Summer, you can always create your Summer bucket list. This will get the entire family excited and looking forward to Summer. Need some ideas? Check out our list here.
Have a great idea to cure Cabin Fever? Send it to us. We would love to hear from you!