By Kelli Artherton
Finding the time to get to the gym can sometimes be a challenge, not to mention expensive. Just thinking about it can be exhausting! What works best for me, is to workout at home and involve my girls!
I would suggest finding a fitness app or follow fitness tips on Pinterest or Facebook. Some of my favorites on Facebook are Megan Ewoldsen and Healthy Emma. They both post quick workouts you can do at home.
Tips to help jumpstart your workout routine:
- Put your workout clothes on the minute you get home. If you sit down to rest you will never get off the couch! Most days, I put on my workout clothes the minute I get home. Just changing clothes is half the battle!
- Turn on some upbeat music. Music will get you moving!
- Involve your kiddos. My girls love to workout with me. Plus, what a great example you are setting by teaching them how to be healthy! We usually end up having a dance party when it’s all over!
- Warm up. I like to run up and down my stairs at least 10-15 times. If you don’t have stairs, jog in place, take a brisk walk or jog outside with the kids, jump rope or do jumping jacks.
- Target a specific area each day. For example, Monday: legs, Tuesday: abs, Wednesday: arms Thursday: rest day and Friday: cardio. You can combine some of the days as well. Try to only take two days off per week.
- Multi-task. During breaks and between reps get dinner started or start a load of laundry.
- Cool down with yoga and/or stretching.
If you find the right routine for you and your family, you can easily stay fit and healthy without leaving the house.
- 6-10 sprints or 15 stair climbs
- 50 jumping jacks
- 15 pushups
- 30 bicycle crunches
- 30 knee up crunches
- 20 alternating lunges
- 30 second high knees
- 30 second planks
- 20 squats
Repeat 2-3 times
Have a fun workout you do with your family? Comment above. We would love to hear from you!