Isn’t fall in the Ozarks the best? Perfect temperatures, the crunch of the leaves, football, and pumpkin flavored everything! SWMO residents get to enjoy fall at it’s finest! The leaves changing, the crisp air, snuggling up by a cozy fire and an endless list of fall activities!
It’s hard to chose, but we have selected 20 of our favorite (fabulous!) family friendly fall outings! Get out there and enjoy all the season (and our region!) has to offer!
- Wickman’s Garden. Enough said. If you missed their Fall Festival, no worries, stop by anytime and take a stroll through their greenhouse and adorable boutique and flower shop. Nothing says fall like beautiful mums and pumpkins!
- Can I have some S’more please? Cozy up outdoors next to a fire and create some awesome family memories telling stories around the campfire.
- Take a drive to the cutest little corn maze in SWMO – Exeter Corn Maze – ride the cow train, play on the pumpkin jump, roam around in the corn maze, jump in the bounce houses and more. The best part? You can take a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin right off the vine.
- Take a hike! Hike through the changing fall colors at Roaring River State Park. Hiking not your thing? Enjoy a picnic, feed the fish at the hatchery, or let the little ones play at their playground.
- It seems like every town has a craft fair in the fall–and they are all a ton of fun! Click here for a complete list from KY3 TV.
- Take the kids out to the farm to pick their own pumpkins, see farm animals and ride the cow train at Rutledge-Wilson Farm. Click here for more information about their Harvest Fest. Harvest Fest takes place on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Get out of the house on October 7th and head over to the Republic Pumpkin Daze to see the largest pumpkin. Hmmm… What would you do with a pumpkin this big? Pumpkin pie anyone?
- We all know Silver Dollar City is tons of fun in the summer and beautiful at Christmas, but have you been in the fall? If not, you gotta give it a try! The décor is spot on and the crowds are usually very manageable!
- Sample dozens of apple butter and browse through rows and rows of craft booths in Mt. Vernon (October 13-15) at Apple Butter Makin’ Days
- Cheer on your local team, cheer squad and band members! Grab your pom-poms and take the family out to a Friday Night Football ball or attend a homecoming parade! Not a football fan? That’s ok! Attend a soccer game, cross country meet or softball game–just get outside and support your local kids!
- Dress up your pets and take them out to Pets and Pumpkins on C-Street on October 21.
- Try a new soup recipe! Click here, and here or here for a few of our favorites!
- Take a weekend to visit Dogwood Canyon and explore the beautiful scenery by either walking, hiking, biking, or taking wildlife tours. It’s breathtaking!
- Get your scare on at a haunted house, haunted woods, or even a haunted barn! Or are you too scared? Click here for a list of some of the best hauntings in MO.
- Grab the family and some blankets and head on over the Sunset drive-in located in Aurora.
- Start a new tradition! Run/walk the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Plus, you will be able to eat EVEN MORE during your Thanksgiving dinner!
- Support your local farmer. Visit a local farmers market.
- Take time to visit Branson and hit up Tanger Outlet mall for early Christmas shopping.
- Plan a trip to Big Cedar (even just for the day!) and enjoy the scenery, take a cave tour, go horseback riding and amazing dining!
- Most importantly get out and enjoy this beautiful fall season!
Be sure to take lots of photos and use the #swmomommas we love seeing your smiling faces!!