Name: Josy McIntyre
Where are you from and how long have you lived in Southwest Missouri? Grew up in Washburn, currently live in Cassville
Kid’s names and ages: Reef & Rya, 5 months
Twin babies! How do you do it? Lol.. Lots of praying!!
Describe your typical day.
- 7 a.m.: wake up, feed, play, story time
- 9 a.m.: babies nap, I get myself together
- 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.: feed, play, nap and while babies nap I keep the household in operation–laundry, dishes, etc! Lots of laundry!
- 6 p.m.: start getting ready for bed, baths, changes & feedings! Daddy’s home by now so I have help with all of this!
- 7 p.m.: baby bedtime
- 7:30-9 p.m.: dinner, try to workout (try..it’s not my fave), finish whatever needs done for the day!
- 9 p.m.: Bedtime! They still wake up 3 or so times at night to feed so sleep is rare, but I really am not a napper so I’m just used to it I think.
Of course throw in what seems like a million diaper changes, clothing changes & it’s a full day!
What do you do when both babies are crying at the same time? We take turns! Meaning I tend to one quickly and then to the other. Really it’s my only option! There have been times when I just cried too! Thankfully it’s getting a little easier and the first 3 months I had lots and lots of help from family!
If you could have an entire day to yourself, how would you spend it?
I would love to say sleeping, but once again, not a napper. So probably hanging out with my husband, just the two of us. We have only had one date night and not much time alone since the babies came!
What is the most enjoyable thing about being a mother of twins?
Seeing them grow and smile. Loving like I never even knew I could.
What is the most challenging part of being a mother of twins?
Guilt. There are times when I don’t feel like I’m able to give each of them the attention they need. I try to take turns all throughout my day holding them and talking to them, etc. but I still just feel guilty about not being able to give them each 100% of my time 100% of the time.
Any advice you could offer to a momma that is expecting twins?
Get ready for the hardest thing you have ever done. Ever. Anyone who has had multiples and survived is a superwoman!! But honestly, just remember how absolutely blessed you are, even when they cry I try to just say thank you God for this baby you blessed me with to be able to soothe or rock or hold!
How do you relax at the end of the day? Right before bed I shower, read my devotional, catch up with everyone on fb or watch a little tv with my husband!
What’s something your friends might not know about you?
I’m probably not going to see them for about 5 years unless they come to my house!! Taking 2 babies anywhere is hard!!
One word to sum you up: Blessed!