Let’s face it moms, this job is hard! How can we balance work, kids, dinner, after hour activities and still maintain our sanity?
Some of these tips might be silly, but just go with us. They will help make motherhood more enjoyable:
- When you’re tired, hand your kids a brush, point to your head and tell them to play beauty parlor. When you’re really tired, pretend you’re sleeping beauty.
- Invent a house fairy. Give her a name, and tell your kids that she is always watching them and counting up their good deeds. (kind of like an elf on the shelf)
- Give your kids quite time EVERY DAY! Let them learn to be by themselves with books, crayons or blocks.
- Take your kids to live performances from a very early age. Cheap, outdoors ones are great to start with. Plus if they are whiny, no one can hear them. 🙂
- Let the entire family take a day off and hang out in pj’s, eat junk food and watch old movies.
- Take that extra minute to snuggle up with the kiddos at bedtime. I know, some days you are so done, but trust us, you and the kids will remember these moments as some of your most favorite.
- Plan some fun. When your kids least expect it, do something out of the ordinary. It can be as simple as dying all the food green for St. Patty’s Day and turning the chairs upside down as if the leprechauns have just ransacked the house.
- Stop comparing. Yes, this one is hard, but probably the most important. Stop comparing yourself to the “Pinterest Mom”. Yes, she appears to have it all together, but I assure you, somewhere inside she doesn’t. Just be present in every situation.
- Stop saying “run along and play.” Go run and play with them. Kids love this so much! Embrace your inner child.
- Most importantly, don’t sweat the small stuff. Sit back and look at the little lives you’ve help create, and enjoy the small moments!