It’s so hot you could fry an egg on the sidewalk. I don’t know about you, but I am sure ready for some cooler weather. I know, I know I shouldn’t wish away Summer, but I am more of a fall weather type of gal myself.
Here are a few ideas to beat the heat this summer:
- Catch a show. Check out the new flicks at the local movie theaters. The new Alamo Draft House is now open for business, and I hear it’s pretty cool.
- Treat yo’ self to some fro’yo. My family absolutely loves to head over to Orange Leaf any chance we get.
- If swimming is your game then Jordan Valley is the name. Money can be tight right now with back to school shopping. So check out the fountains at Jordan Valley. It’s FREE and the kids will love it!
- Create your own indoor ice cream social event. This could be just for your family or invite some friends over for a fun movie and an ice cream bar.
- Make a splash in the river or lake. Missouri has a lot of lakes, rivers and creeks. Most of these waterways are also a lot colder than the swimming pool. Plus you will get to enjoy some nature and enjoy the beautiful scenery while cooling off.