Looking for a fun way to celebrate Earth Day with your kiddos? Look no further! Our sponsors at Wickman’s Garden Village have you covered! They will celebrate in true Wickman’s style (translate, super cute and FUN!) on Saturday, April 16 with an “Earth Day Prep Party” at both the Monett and Springfield locations.
Earth Day is dedicated to making people aware of the importance of keeping our planet healthy. Planting flowers for the bees, trees for the birds and veggies for the family are an important part of Earth Day activities for many families. This year Earth Day falls on Friday, April 22– the kids will be in school and Mom and Dad will be at work, but no worries, the Wickman’s event is this Saturday!
So what exactly is an “Earth Day Prep Party”? Here is what you can expect:
- Live Ladybug Giveaway to the first 500 children (or those taller folks who are still kids at heart)! Ladybugs can be released at the nursery, at the park or taken home and released in a family garden. Why release a ladybug? Information on beneficial insects will be provided at the party!
- Free temporary ladybug tattoos
- Complimentary popcorn and lemonade
- Perennial Sale! Wickman’s just received over 1,000 pots of gorgeous perennials, add that to amazing plants that were locally grown at Wickman’s and you’re looking at a lot of flower power!
- Quart sized perennials regularly priced @ $5.99 each are buy 5 get one free, Saturday only!
- Your garden could be the setting for the battle of the bugs … 20% discount on orders for beneficial insect ‘garden guardians’ (ladybugs, preying mantis & beneficial nematodes).
- Other great offers include: 25% off spring wreaths & permanent arrangements in the flower shop, 25% off select group of garden trellis in the Garden Center (Springfield Only) and shades of blue water iris’ are buy 2 get 1 free for all your water gardeners!
While you are enjoying the party, be sure to swing by the greenhouse and take advantage of their ah-mazing selection of blooming annuals, herbs, vegetable plants and more, plus they are all grown locally!
Wickman’s is located at 1345 S. Fort Avenue in Springfield or 10791 US Highway 60 in Monett. You can reach the Springfield store via phone at 417.862.3707 or the Monett store at 417.235.1112.