Do you struggle keeping up with the latest beauty trends? I know I do. Here’s a few tips that will help you put your best face forward.
1. Want to plump up your lips? Mix a little peppermint oil into your lip gloss to give your lips a plumping boost.
2. Foundation to dark? If you accidentally purchase a foundation that’s too dark, adding a bit of moisturizer to your mix can help lighten it.
3. Mascara drying out? If you want to make your flaky, clumpy mascara last longer, mix a little contact solution in. But if you’ve had it for longer than three months, toss no matter what. You do not need/want an eye infection.
4. Wanna fight puffiness? Go to sleep. Sleeping propped up on two pillows instead of one can help reduce puffiness by helping drain fluid from your face. Literally. That’s it.
5. Want your glossy lipstick to have a matte look without buying a new tube? Dab on some concealer before applying. It’ll make it matte just like that, and it’ll also keep your lipstick on longer.
6. Do your feet need a pick me up? Give yourself a healing foot treatment while you sleep. Apply peppermint moisturizer or Vaseline to your tired and cracked feet, and then throw on some comfy, cushioned socks. And head to bed. That’s it. Wake up with soft, smooth feet.
7. Bobby pins slipping? If you don’t want to bother with fixing and refixing your hair all day long, spray your bobby pins with hairspray before you put them in.
8. Having trouble mastering the bronze look? Don’t apply bronzer all over your face—apply it in the shape of a three over your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline.
9. Make your nail polish dry faster by soaking your nails in ice water after painting them. Fill a bowl with ice and water, and soak your nails for a few minutes after painting them. The cold water will set the paint and help your nails dry faster.
10. Use cold green tea bags to decrease puffiness under your eyes. The quickest way to de-puffing and tightening your under-eye skin is to apply a cold, caffeine-based product, like two cold green-tea bags, under your eyes for five or six minutes.
Bonus Tip: Smile and drink lots of water!
Source: Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, and BirchBox