The bad news: It’s time to put away your swimsuits and get back into the autumn groove. The good news: There are so many gorgeous new beauty trends to try on your eyes, lips and cheeks this season!
- Cold Weather Cheeks: Subtle blush is a year-round must, but this season’s trendy rouge is taken from the cold weather itself. Add a touch of extra blush to your cheeks in the exact same color they turn when it’s chilly outside.
- Full, Feathery Lashes: Full, false lashes on your top lash line invariably make your eyes look larger and more awake. Keep the rest of your makeup palette neutral for a look that’s modern, rather than overdone. You can also use an amazing lash boost serum to help your lashes grow. I’ve use Lash-Boost from Rodan and Fields Check out my results below.
- Brown lips: Stop trying to fight it: The ’90s are back. And that means shades of brown are a must-have for lips this fall. Try a chestnut shade like Constance Wu has for a flattering look that doesn’t feel dated.
- Blocky-Blue Eye Shadow: As if the color wasn’t bold enough, the blocky shape of this eye look puts it over the top. Go light on lip and cheek colors to keep things balanced and wearable.
- Bronzer as Blush: You probably know by now that a warm bronzer isn’t the right choice for contouring — but it is the right choice when it comes to trying a new shade of blush. In order to keep the look modern, just make sure it isn’t shimmery.
- Mauve all over: Mauve is one of those perfect shades to transition from Summer to Fall. It seems more dramatic from the Summer colors without the heft of true Fall dramatic colors. It’s also very flattering on nearly all skin tones.
- Sunset Eyes: Orange may sound like a hard color to pull off, especially on the lids, but a shade that leans a little brown looks gorgeous on a multitude of skin tones.
- Lip Gloss: Lo and behold this trend is back in style. If you remember lip gloss in the past it was super sticky. Guess what!? They have new, not so sticky, glosses now!
- Smudged Liner: If you find that your pencil liner gets a little smudged mid-day, embrace it. This 90’s grunge look is trending like crazy.
- Berry Lips: A hot or bright pink is the perfect way to brighten up your look once the weather gets dark and chilly.
Source: Good Housekeeping and Glamour Magazine