Now, I know, we have all stood in our closet and wondered how it could be so full, yet we still have nothing to wear. Stock your closet with these SWMOmom must-have essentials and you’ll always be able to pull together a great outfit without much hassle.
1. Denim Jacket: A denim jacket can add a touch of pizazz to any outfit. Have a cute maxi dress and want to add an accessory? Grab the jacket. Just leaving a workout and don’t have time to run home and change? Put the jacket on to look relaxed and fashionable. This jacket is universal and can be worn in an everyday environment. We highly recommend to go out and buy yourself one. You won’t be disappointed!
2. Black Leggings: Black leggings are so versatile. You can dress them up or down. Going out on the town? Put on a great top, fun heels and viola! Comfy and classy. Going over to a friends house for dinner? Dress your leggings with a comfy sweatshirt or t-shirt, denim jacket, cute flats and simple jewelry and you have a cute and effortless look! (make sure the leggings aren’t too tight or see-through. Do the squat and bend check in the mirror ladies! Believe me, no one wants to see what’s underneath!) 🙂
3. Tank Tops: Who doesn’t love comfy, cute tank tops? Tank tops can be worn with anything and everything. Pick a few of your favorite colored tank tanks. Layer them. Wear them under your jean jacket, paired with a maxi skirt and simple jewelry. Wear them for a fun bowling night with friends. Trust us, you will want to find a style and brand you love and stock up on them in every color!
4. A great pair of Jeans: Now ladies, IF you don’t have your “go-to” pair of jeans, this is a MUST! We recommend taking a day to shop til’ you find THE PAIR! When you have found the absolute best pair of jeans, you can dress them up with heels, dress them down with cute flats, cuff the bottom to complete the cute, casual, trendy look. Pair them with one of your favorite tanks and a hip-length cardigan and you have the trendy look everyone is trying to achieve.
5. Maxi Skirt: Going on a day date or just having a fun night with friends? This skirt is a SWMOmom must have! For our ever-changing weather in the Ozarks, this skirt will weather the storm for any occasion. Pair this with your favorite tank, fun jewelry, and flip flops. You are ready for whatever comes your way when wearing your maxi skirt.
6. Black Dress: Oh no! You have just been invited to a business dinner! What to wear!? Well, if you have that perfect, not too tight, not too short, flattering little black dress in your closet you have no need to fear.
7. Blazer and/or Cardigan: Ever need to dress up an outfit? Well, have you tried pairing a cute blazer with your outfit? Try it! You won’t be disappointed. You just took your casual look, to a night on the town, or business after hours look. Pair the blazer with shorts and jeans alike. The cardigan can do the same for your look, but tone it down just a notch. It says “Hey, I’m fashionable and trendy, and I don’t even have to try!”
8. Chunky Scarf: How many times have you looked at your outfit and thought, “hmm, something’s missing”? Maybe your hair just wasn’t right? Well, believe it or not, a chunky scarf could be your answer. Having a bad hair day? Wrap your hair in a cute, messy bun, add the scarf, and you look like you actually “tried” to look like this! No-one will even notice you are having a bad hair day, when you are sporting a cute chunky scarf. SWMOmoms recommend going for neutral colors when making your selections.
9.Black Heels: Ladies, now we know, the thought of putting on heels can sometimes be a frightening thought! We are here to tell you, that when searching for the perfect black heel, you need to look for a little bit of a platform heel. Now, we aren’t talking striper-esque heels. Just a slight little platform or wedge. Trust us, it helps keep those toesies, nice and cozy!
10: A few great pieces of fun jewelry: A piece of jewelry can make a big or simple statement! An oversized watch can add a statement of “trendy,” “fun,” or “professional” to any wardrobe! Another jewelry must have is a long, silver or gold, chunky chain necklace, to add a sense of fun and elegance to any outfit! A pair of silver or gold hoop earrings are just the right amount of bling to complete any outfit!
The key to keeping your cool with fashion: Always be prepared for anything that comes your way! Keeping these “must-haves” in the closet, will keep you effortlessly fashionable!